Please leave us your comments and suggestions!

We always enjoy trying new establishments, especially those little-known gems. We are generally up for anything, so please let us know what you like.

Whatcha Lookin' For?

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Trifecta: Food, Beer, and Sports.

 It is not a secret that we love sports bars.  The food is usually pretty good, the beer is always cold and the atmosphere is comfortable.  There are so many sports bars around, it was hard to choose which to put on the top 5 this week.

Top 5 Nebraska Sports Bars

Dustin's List
  1. Sportscaster's, Lincoln:  I love the free fried food on Friday afternoons.
  2. Brewsky's, 27th and Cornhusker, Lincoln:  I love all the Brewsky's, but this is my favorite location.  The food is excellent and the service has always been great.
  3. Cappy's, Lincoln:  Our favorite place to stop for a brew after work.  They also have wonderful pizza and wings.
  4. Chicken Coop, Kearney:  This was one of my favorite places to hang out in college.  They have really great food and it's a fun place to watch any sporting event.
  5. The Cage, St. Paul:  My favorite thing about this bar, is the entrance.  It has two giant wooden doors which is just the beginning of the cool atmosphere. 
Note:  Dustin all-time favorite sports bar was Slapshots, which is now Fox Neighborhood Bar and Grill in Lincoln

    Autumn's List:
    1. Sportscaster's, Lincoln:  This place tops my list because I feel the most comfortable here.  I think we probably hang out here too much, but it is nice when you know your waitress by her first name and she knows you by your beer.
    2. Spikers, Gretna:  We stopped here on one of our "tour de Nebraska" trips.  It has a volleyball theme and seemed to be really popular.  I was surprisingly pleased with the pizza and the entire establishment.
    3. Brewsky's, 16th and South, Lincoln:  I remember going to this Brewsky's with my dad when I was younger.  I like how it seems almost hidden among the strip mall.
    4. Bullwinkle's, Grand Island:  We stop here about every other time we are in Grand Island.  The food is pretty good, but what I really like is the wooden floor, bar, and booths.
    5. Spikes, Lincoln:  Also a volleyball themed bar.  This place gets rocking on the weekends.  I can't get enough of their buffalo chicken pizza.  It's amazing!
    From the Lincoln Journal Star:  Jeff's Top Five Sports Bars

      1 comment:

      Sara said...

      I love Spikers in Gretna!! Excellent choice for a top 5 sports bar.